World Cup 2018: Egypt vs. Uruguay LIve, schedule how to watch live, Egypt vs Uruguay Live Streaming: FIFA World Cup 2018 Live Score EGY v URU Football Match Today Prediction
Egypt vs Uruguay live streaming will be available on the portals of official broadcasters in various countries. The FIFA World Cup 2018 has already started on June 14, Thursday with Russia and Saudi Arabia playing the tournament opening game. The host nation turned out to be victorious with 5-1.
LUIS Suarez is chasing World Cup redemption on Friday night (kickoff 10pm AEST) when Uruguay face Egypt in his first World Cup appearance since being thrown out of the 2014 tournament for biting.
The controversial Barcelona striker, 31, has been described on the eve of their first game in Russia as “more mature” by Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez.
The next few days and weeks will be the time to prove it because Suarez will be past his prime or even retired by the time the next World Cup comes around, in Qatar in 2022.
Salah was injured playing for Liverpool in the final of the UEFA Champions League, when Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos – playing in this World Cup for Spain – pulled him into a fall less than a half-hour into their game. Salah broke his fall by stretching out his right arm, and the force of striking the ground led to a shoulder injury that forced him from the game.
“We are optimists,” coach Hector Cuper said when asked about Salah’s health.
Egypt needs as much Salah as it can get against Uruguay’s accomplished, experienced squad. The core of this Uruguay team reached the 2010 World Cup semifinals, won the 2011 Copa America and has qualified for three consecutive World Cups after the nation missed three times in four cycles between 1994-2006.
Salah became a contender for the Ballon d’Or by scoring 43 goals in all competitions for Liverpool, including 10 in the Champions League. Without him on the field after he left with the game scoreless, LFC fell to Real by a 3-1 final.
World Cup schedule: Egypt vs.Uruguay
When: Friday, June 15, 8:00 a.m. ET
Where: Yekaterinburg, Russia, Ekaterinburg Arena
MORE: Full World Cup schedule
Egypt vs. Uruguay TV channel, live stream
In the U.S., Egypt vs. Uruguay will be broadcast live on FS1. It can also be live-streamed on fuboTV (7-day free trial).
Goalkeepers: Essam El Hadary, Mohamed El Shennaway, Sherif Ekramy
Defenders: Saad Samir, Mahmoud Hamdy, Ahmed Hegazi, Omar Gaber, Ali Gabr, Mohamed Abdel-Shafi, Ahmed Elmohamady, Ayman Ashraf, Ahmed Fathi
Midfielders: Mahmoud Hassan, Sam Morsy, Ramadan Sobhi, Amr Warda, Shikabala, Mohamed Elneny, Mahmoud Kahraba, Abdallah El Said, Tarek Hamed
Forwards: Mohamed Salah, Marwan Mohsen
Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera, Martin Campana, Martin Silva,
Defenders: Diego Godin, Maxi Pereira, Sebastian Coates, Martin Caceres, Gaston Silva, Jose Maria Gimenez
Midfielders: Federico Valverde, Cristian Rodriguez, Lucas Torreira, Matias Vecino, Rodrigo Bentancur, Carlos Sanchez, Giorgian De Arrascaeta, Diego Laxalt, Nahitan Nandez, Jonathan Urretaviscaya
Forwards: Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani, Maxi Gomez, Cristhian Stuani
Egypt vs. Uruguay facts
- Egypt forward Mohamed Salah broke the modern single-season goal-scoring record in England’s Premier League. He scored 32 goals in 38 games, passing the mark held by Harry Shearer, Cristiano Ronaldo – and Uruguay’s Luis Suarez.
- Egypt has yet to win a World Cup game and is making its first appearance since 1990, the country’s third ever.
- Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez is working his fourth World Cup, the most of any coach in the tournament.
- Suarez, who has five career World Cup goals, also has missed two World Cup games due to suspension. He earned a red card for a handball in 2010 against Ghana that actually saved the game forUruguay – he stopped a shot from going in the net, and the penalty awarded to Ghana’s Assamoah Gyan was saved by Muslera — and allowed his team to advance to the semifinals. In 2014, he bit Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini on the shoulder during a scramble for the ball and received a four-month ban from the sport that included missing the round of 16 loss to Colombia.
- LAFC coach Bob Bradley worked as coach of the Egypt national team from 2011-13. He was in charge as Salah made his second international appearance. That connection is a big reason defender Omar Gaber now plays club ball in MLS, with the expansion Los Angeles team.
- Veteran goalkeeper Muslera, who still looks young enough to be preparing for his freshman year at UCLA, could reach 100 caps ifUruguay advances beyond the group stage. Muslera, 31, was the team’s No. 1 goalkeeper at each of the past two World Cups. He has earned four shutouts in 10 World Cup games (not counting consolations).
- With Salah unavailable for pre-World Cup friendlies, Egypt scored only one goal in 270 minutes, in a 1-1 draw against Kuwait. The Egyptians lost 3-0 to Belgium and played to a scoreless draw against Colombia. That draw was promising though, with Colombia fielding a strong lineup that included James Rodriguez, Radamel Falcao and Juan Cuadrado.
- Edinson Cavani has scored double-figure goals in each of his past 10 club seasons, including 28 in 32 games for Paris St.-Germain in the 2017-18 season. He scored 10 goals in qualifying for the 2018 World Cup, the most of any player in CONMEBOL. He has scored only twice, however, in the World Cup.